C++ Developer for Bloomberg, London
Post date: Jul 11, 2014 6:3:26 PM
"Γειά, στην ομάδα εδώ (Λονδίνο), προσλαμβάνουμε (senior) financial software developers. Αν κάποιος είναι δυνατός σε C++/linux/unix και ενδιαφέρετε, please let me know"
Date: Jul 11, 2014
Location: London, GBR
Job Requisition Number:40725
The London Foundational Application group seeks outstanding developers to join our Alerts team.
What we do
Our product lets market participants monitor markets. It exposes nearly every tick in the world, along with a broad swathe of non-pricing data from corporate actions to social media sentiment and even power station outages. The system is available 24/7 and is used by tens of thousands of traders and investors helping them respond quickly to changing market conditions.
The product is developed entirely by our London-based team.
Alerts are a major strategic focus for the company and we are scaling out our infrastructure and extending our feature set significantly. This is a great opportunity to join our team now and make a significant impact to one of Bloomberg's most important differentiating products.
What we expect from you
- Proven experience designing and building large scale distributed systems
- Very bright, technical, pragmatic and adaptable individual
- Good communication skills
- Passion for what you do and commitment to producing high quality software
- Experience with agile methodologies, test driven design and unit testing
- Strong C++
- Ability to understand complex business requirements
- No prior financial experience necessary
What we have to offer
- Informal and collaborative environment
- Small, supportive team and a real opportunity to make a difference to what we do
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working environment
- Bloomberg is an active contributor to open source projects, and we encourage employee involvement
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Job Segment: TV, Multimedia, Creative